Job Market News
Nature Jobs - Career Editorial - Job Market News
- Sanofi Approached AstraZeneca PLC's For CEO Role
- Smith & Nephew Inc. CEO Won't Comment On Sanofi Job
- Amgen, Sandoz, Inc. Biosimilar War Could Provide Playbook, Says Analyst
- AstraZeneca PLC Wins FDA Approval For Two-In-One Diabetes Pill
- Chimerix, Inc. To Raise $105 Million To Finance Ebola Drug Trials
- Boston???s Rhythm Withdraws $86 Million IPO Citing Acquisition Agreement With Actavis
- Bayer AG Hunts For More Deals After Bulking Up Consumer Care
- Express Scripts Inc. Says AbbVie's Drug Could Displace Gilead Sciences, Inc.'s Sovaldi On Formulary
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company's Opdivo Wows In Phase 2 Lung Cancer Study
Phase 2 Objective Response Rate And Survival Data For Opdivo (Nivolumab) In Heavily Pre-Treated Advanced Squamous Cell Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer To Be Presented At The 2014 Chicago Multidisciplinary Symposium On Thoracic Oncology
In CheckMate -063, the objective response rate was 15% in patients treated with single agent Opdivo and median duration...
- Cipla Ltd. Asks Government To Revoke Five Patents Held By Novartis AG
Science Careers - Job Market News
- A union contract gives Tufts adjuncts ‘unheard-of’ rights
Among the most important is the right to be considered for tenure-track jobs.
- On technology transfer and kitten piles
In a letter to Science Careers and its readers, Adam Ruben’s “pseudo twin” asks, “What better way to maximize your real-world impact than through technology transfer?”
- Where do postdocs go?
A study of former UCSF postdocs finds they occupy a variety of careers.
- Ask Alice
Alice and her friends answer questions that you don’t want to ask you preceptor, peer, or colleagues regarding your career in science.
- What's driving women scientists out of Japan?
The country’s “male-dominated, aggressive” culture is pushing women out of science and overseas.
- Retail, food service most common jobs for new U.K. bio majors
In the United Kingdom, 21.9% of graduates with first degrees in biology took jobs in the “retail, catering, waiting and bar staff” sector.
- The Lisa Feldman Barrett lab
Lisa Feldman Barrett’s big, bustling psychology lab at Northeastern University provides a snapshot of what the job market is like.
- Adjunct faculty member makes good
Few adjuncts ever make it onto the tenure track—but solving a historic mathematics problem can do wonders for your career.
- Adjuncts and age discrimination
Is age discrimination keeping adjunct faculty members from obtaining more stable faculty employment?
- The long harm of the law
For some nutty reason, scientists sometimes become lawyers.